Arts facilitators Pier Projects have already announced a new paid commission for an artist to develop work around the concept of walking in Felixstowe .Now they are seeing members of the public to form a ‘community panel’ to select the winning artist.
Pier Projects want to work with an artist to develop an exciting project for Felixstowe based around walking. .The aim of the project is to reconnect people with their local environment, places within their town, and with each other and promote physical and mental wellbeing. as people reflect and recover from the trauma caused by the pandemic.
They are looking for a broad range of people. No experience of working with an artist is necessary but you may share some of these interests;
● A love for Felixstowe and pride in the town
● Enjoyment in art – contemporary art or otherwise
● An interest in health and wellbeing
● Experience of working with communities
● Love new challenges and experiences
Tuesday 23 March, 6.30-7.30pm
Join Pier Projects for an introductory meeting via zoom. Anyone interested should e mail to receive the link. at firstname.lastname@example.org
After attending the workshop, names of those interested will go into a random ballot to form the panel.
Tuesday 6 April 6.30-8.30pm
Artists present to panel and final selection of artist made from a short list of three
The intention is that the project will launch in October, subject to social distancing measures and Government advice.
Nominate sites and place you love:
If you do not want to be considered for the panel, you can still be part of the project.
Pier Projects are also looking for members of the community to nominate sites, views or locations withinthe town that are significant to them. These places and memories will feed into the development of thefinal commission. You will be able to do this via social media and email.
● Tuesday 23rd March 6.30-7.30pm – Introductory meeting and panel formed
● Tuesday 6 April, 6.30 – 8.30pm Panel meet shortlisted artists and make selection for the commission (online)
● April- June – Public nominate sites and places of interest that feed artists research
● October – Walking Project launches with celebratory event
Email email@example.com for more details