In spite of many protests and much negative feedback SCDC passed the Draft Local Plan unanimously last week, and now it has been published for submission of representations. In other words this is your last chance to have your say before the Council submits the Local Plan to the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government for Examination.
The Suffolk Coastal Local Plan, which covers the period to 2036, sets out the level of growth to be planned for, and identifies where that growth should be located and how it should be delivered. It also contains planning policies which will be used to determine planning applications in the area.
The representations period runs from Monday 14th January to 17.00 Monday 25th February 2019.
Any representations received after this date may not be considered. Only representations received within the period have a statutory right to be considered during the Examination.
There will be a drop in session at the Town Hall on Monday 4th Feb from 3pm – 7pm. when The Plan will be available for scrutiny and you can speak to Planning Officers and find out how to make representation.
The following documents are published as part of this representations period:
- Suffolk Coastal Local Plan Final Draft,
- Sustainability Appraisal Report – Assessing how the plan will help achieve environmental, economic and social objectives,
- Consultation Statement – how we took into account comments from previous consultations.
- Habitat Regulations Assessment – Assesses the impact of the plan on internationally protected habitats,
- Equality Impact Assessment – Assessing the impact of the Final Draft Local Plan policies upon different sections of the community.
- Duty to Cooperate Statement – how the Council cooperated with relevant authorities to maximise the effectiveness of Local Plan preparation in the context of strategic cross boundary matters,
- Statement of Representations Procedure – how representations will be considered and where documents are available. A representation form and guidance note on how to make a representation are made available.
- Evidence base to support the Local Plan, covering housing, employment and retail, the natural and historic environment, viability and commercial leisure.
To view the Final Draft Local Plan, supporting documents, evidence base and submit a representation, visit: www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/finaldraftlocalplan.
Copies of the Final Draft Local Plan are available to view at local libraries across the District. Copies are also available for inspection at the Council’s Customer Service Centre, Woodbridge Library, New Street, Woodbridge, IP12 1DT.
During the representations period, public drop-in sessions have been organised where you can talk to Planning Officers about the Local Plan and how to make a representation. Details of all drop-in sessions can be found in the table below.
|Venue||Date and Time|
Suffolk Coastal District Council (Deben Room)
East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton, IP12 1RT
Wednesday 30th January
15.00 – 19.00
Felixstowe Town Hall (Council Chamber)
Undercliff Road West, Felixstowe, IP11 2AG
Monday 4th February
15.00 – 19.00
Saxmundham Market Hall
29 High Street, Saxmundham, IP17 1AF
|Wednesday 6th February
15.00 – 19.00