The winners of the first ever East Suffolk Photo Competition have been announced by Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils.
The five-week long competition, which ran during August and early September, invited amateur and professional photographers to submit their photos to the Councils under four categories; living in East Suffolk, working in East Suffolk, explore East Suffolk and under 16s. Entries were submitted via email or through the Councils’ joint Instagram account (@eastsuffolkcouncils) using #eastsuffolkphotocomp.
In October, the entries were judged by Cllr TJ Haworth-Culf, Cabinet Member for Customers, Communities and Leisure at Suffolk Coastal and Cllr Michael Ladd, Cabinet Member for Tourism and Economic Development at Waveney District Council.
The winners are:
- Living in East Suffolk
- Winner: Gav Elliott, Orfordness lighthouse
- Runner-up: Julia Penson, Lowestoft
- Working in East Suffolk
- Winner: Matthew James, Aldeburgh fishing boats
- Runner-up: Chris Arnold, harvest at Shipmeadow
- Explore East Suffolk
- Winner: Ben Alder, Woodbridge
- Runner-up: Charlotte Ford, Covehithe Church
- Under 16s
- Winner: Jake Lain, Kessingland Beach
- Runner-up: Jack Ibbotson, Felixstowe
Each winner will receive a shopping voucher and all the winners and runners up will receive a framed copy of their photo. The winning photos will also be displayed at the Councils’ East Suffolk House or Riverside offices.
The winning entries can be viewed at http://www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/east-suffolk-photo-competition