Do you need funding for your group or project? There are a number of funds available from Suffolk Community Foundation that have deadlines coming up in September and October.
Suffolk Giving & Private Donor Funds Grants of up to £2,000 are available for charitable, voluntary and community groups that are addressing need within Suffolk. The fund will accept applications for both core costs and project costs and applications are particularly welcome from organisations operating in west Suffolk. The closing date for applications to this fund is 6th September 2017.
Fonnereau Road Health Foundation Fund Grants of up to £5,000 are available for Suffolk’s voluntary and community sector, including social enterprises and community interest companies, specifically for equipment or capital costs that improve the physical or mental health and wellbeing of people in Suffolk. The closing date for applications is 15th September 2017. Criteria | Application Form
Tackling Loneliness Fund Grants of up to £2,500 to support the work of charities, voluntary and community groups who are addressing loneliness within the East of England Co-op trading area. The closing date for this fund is 21st September 2017. Criteria | Application Form
Centenary Fund Grants of up to £4,000 for Anglican organisations within the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich for projects that benefit the local community. The closing date for this fund is 22nd September 2017. Criteria | Application Form
Suffolk Rural Fund Grants of up to £4,000 are available to support constituted organisations and up to £1,000 to support ‘micro’ projects hosted by parish councils. The aim of the fund is to support initiatives that aim to improve the quality of life for those who live and work in rural communities. Projects should include one or more of the following themes:
- Outreach charitable work
- Development of community hubs
- Community self-help
The closing date for applications to this fund is 29th September 2017.
Port Community Fund Grants of up to £2,000 are available for charitable, voluntary and community groups addressing the needs of residents in Ipswich, Felixstowe and the surrounding villages. The closing date for this fund is 29th September 2017. Criteria | Application Form
Sapphire Fund Grants of up to £5,000 to support charities, voluntary and community groups in Mid Suffolk working to promote the use of green spaces for the benefit of good mental and physical health, to support older people, or to support the preservation and protection of church bells. The closing date for this fund is 29th September 2017. Criteria | Application Form
Suffolk Police & Crime Commissioner’s Stay Safe Online Fund This is a one-off funding opportunity to help improve the understanding and consequences of Staying Safe Online along with the protection and awareness for young people.
- Grants around £10,000 are available to support the work of voluntary and community groups, Charities, Social Enterprises and Community Interest Companies that are delivering services that help make Suffolk a safer place to live, work, travel and invest in.
- Where the work is transformational/Countywide or supporting many schools (with agreement), a larger grant may be acceptable but only if a prior conversation has been held with a Grants Officer 01473 602602.
- Applications may be considered (for this specific fund only) from PTAs or Friends of Schools where clear additionality is being provided to young people (particularly Years 5 & 6) above statutory provision and with the support of the voluntary sector (collaborative working), where teachers’ salary costs are not being requested.
- National organisations may apply where they can prove there is no duplication of service in Suffolk and have a proven track record of delivery (evidence required)
Suffolk Dementia Friendly Communities Fund Grants of up to £5,000 are available for community based groups for activities within communities that can deliver a greater awareness and understanding of dementia or support to those affected by dementia including carers, so that they can remain independent and have choice and control over their lives. The closing date for applications is 24th October 2017.
RJB Fund Grants up to £2,000 are available for charities, voluntary and community groups working with young people (aged 0-11 years) from deprived backgrounds in the Ipswich area. The fund is particularly interested in applications which are to support young people in the south east area of Ipswich. The closing date for this fund is 17th November 2017. Criteria | Application Form
For further details, please visit our website. To contact a Grants Officer, please call 01473 602602.
Details of other funding opportunities are available through a new funding portal for Suffolk hosted by Community Action Suffolk which can be accessed here.