Does your group help vulnerable people who may be or are victims of crime, or help rehabilitate offenders? Do you work with young people tackling issues such as cyber bullying or substance misuse?
Suffolk Community Foundation are pleased to announce the opening of the new Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioners Fund.
Grants between £250 and £20,000 are available to support the work of voluntary and community groups, Charities, Social Enterprises and Community Interest Companies that are delivering services that help make Suffolk a safer place to live, work, travel and invest in. Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner’s Fund replaces the previous Safer Suffolk Fund so If you are in receipt of a Safer Suffolk grant you cannot apply to this fund until you have fully spent and successfully reported on the expenditure of the grant. Please note there is still an exclusion for support services around domestic and sexual abuse as these have been supported via a separate funding stream.
Created by Suffolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner, the fund is seeking to support organisations that can show clear measureable outcomes that are addressing the objectives in the Police and Crime Plan for Suffolk 2017 – 2021. Police and Crime Plan link
Those applying should look to address at least one of the following key areas of focus from the Police and Crime Plan:
- Vulnerable people – who are or could be a target for crime.
- Victims of crime – helping people cope with the immediate impact of the crime and recover from the harm caused – especially where partnerships are formed to support victims.
- Hidden Harm – supporting those who are or could become a target for crime, cyber-crime, human trafficking, child sexual abuse.
- Substance misuse – working with those who have drug and alcohol issues.
- Preventing re-offending – working with those who offend to reduce re-offending.
- Reducing Crime and Anti-social behaviour – towards reducing crime and anti-social behaviour.
For a more detailed list of criteria and an application form go to http://suffolkcf.org.uk/grants/pcc-fund/
Please contact a Grants Officer on 01473 602602 prior to submitting your application if you have any questions. The deadline for applications for this round is 11th July 2017.
Going forward, future rounds of the Suffolk Police & Crime Commissioner’s Fund will be themed. The themes are being notified in advance to enable groups to pilot (if appropriate) or research relevant projects. Suffolk Community Foundation will be running funding surgeries during the summer and encourage organisations to come along to discuss proposals to ensure they are as strong as possible. Funding surgery dates are:
- 26th June
- 4th August
- 8th September
If you are interested in attending, please contact a Grants Officer on 01473 602602 to book a place. For December 2017 the theme is:
- Human trafficking, female genital mutilation, modern day slavery, honour based violence, hate crime and other offences committed out of sight, online, etc.
The deadline for applications for this round is 19th October 2017.